userial is an Open Source project containing both Hardware and Software to build your own USB to I²C bridge.
Firmware v1.1023 July 2013
userial firmware v1.10 released. The changes in this version are:
- Fixed a bug in setting up the ADC. Thanks to Petr Kolesnikov.
- Fixed some compiler warnings with the current GCC.
Firmware v1.925 March 2010
userial firmware v1.9 released. The changes in this version are:
- Updated LUFA to version 100219.
- Added support for bumble-b board.
- The actual SPI clock divider was never written to the clock divider. Thanks to Erik Schönewerk.
- Fixed a bug in the GPIO driver: the GPIO read command returned the value of PORTx but not PINx. Thanks to Dave Fletcher.
Firmware v1.831 October 2009
userial firmware v1.8 released. The changes in this version are:
- Fixed a bug in the calculation of the SPI frequency divider. Thanks to Zoran Stojkovic.
Firmware v1.726 September 2009
userial firmware v1.7 released. The changes in this version are:
- Updated LUFA to version 090924.
- Added ADC support. Many thanks to Zoran Stojkovic.
- Added compile switches to selectively turn off features.
Bumble-B12 September 2009fletchtronics.net sells a board called Bumble-B and has ported userial to the the AT90USB162 processor.
Firmware v1.628 February 2009
userial firmware v1.6 released. The changes in this version are:
- Added new command 'IX' for a I²C bus clear.
- Fixes a bug in the USB transmit task: when userial was transmitting 16 bytes on the USB bus, the data was kept in the transmit buffer until the next command.
Firmware v1.525 January 2009
userial firmware v1.5 released. This version adds support for the SPI interface.
Firmware v1.416 December 2008
userial firmware v1.4 released. This version fixes a few bugs and contains minor improvements:
- Fixed a bug in the Ack/Nack signal handling on master read operations.
- Made the command handler more robust. Now it is possible to send commands in batch mode.
- Added new command '#' (comment line).
- Updated LUFA library to version 081217.
Firmware v1.307 December 2008
userial firmware v1.3 released. This version contains a few improvements:
- Added GPIO support.
- Fixed a bug in the calculation of the I²C frequency calculator.
- Reduced RAM footprint.
- Re-licensed the source code under the terms of the MIT licence.
Firmware v1.226 November 2008
userial firmware v1.2 released.
Fixed a bug in the command parser. After an error the response was delayed.
Firmware v1.114 November 2008
userial firmware v1.1 released.
Added settings for I²C speed.
Firmware v1.031 August 2008
userial firmware v1.0 released.
Schematic v1.010 May 2008
This is revision 1.0 of userial (with all possible x.0 bugs, naturally!).
Schematic released for review15 April 2008
Comments are welcome.